Cookies are small text files sent by the site to the interested party (usually to the browser), where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the site on the next visit by the same user. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the user’s hard drive or transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user’s web browser. Some of the cookie functions can be delegated to other technologies. In this document, the term “cookies” refers to both cookies, properly so called, and to all similar technologies.
Cookies can be first or third party, where “first part” means cookies that report the site as a domain, while “third party” means cookies that relate to external domains. Third-party cookies are necessarily installed by an external party, always defined as a “third party”, not managed by the site. These parties may also install first-party cookies, saving their own cookies on the site’s domain. Another type of cookie are the so-called “Flash Cookies” (Local Shared Objects), used within Adobe Flash Player to deliver some content, such as video clips or animations, in order to remember settings and preferences. Flash cookies are stored on the device, but are managed through a different interface than the one provided by the browser used.
Regarding the nature of cookies, there are different types:
Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of “transmitting a communication over an electronic communication network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide this service “(see Article 122, paragraph 1 of the Code). They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the website owner or manager. They can be divided into:
- browsing or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas); they are in fact necessary for the proper functioning of the site
- analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies when used directly by the site manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and on how they visit the site, in order to improve site performance
- functionality cookies, which allow the user to browse based on a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service rendered to the same. The prior consent of the users is not required for the installation of these cookies
Profiling cookies are designed to create user profiles and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user while browsing the web. The consent of the interested party is required for the use of profiling cookies. This type of cookie is not used on the website www.schoolofcoaching.it.
Cookies have a duration dictated by the expiration date (or by a specific action such as closing the browser) set at the time of installation. Cookies can be:
- temporary or session (session cookies): they are used to store temporary information, allow to connect the actions performed during a specific session and are removed from the computer when the browser is closed
- permanent (persistent cookies): they are used to store information, such as the login name and password, so as to prevent the user from having to enter them again each time they visit a specific site. These remain stored in the computer even after closing the browser
Here is the list of cookies (logically grouped in terms of functionality or supplier) present on www.schoolofcoaching.it:
Technical and system cookies
Used to guarantee the user a better browsing experience and are indispensable for the correct use of the site. You can disable these cookies from the browser by following the instructions in the dedicated paragraph, but you will compromise your experience on the site and we will not be able to answer for the malfunctions. For more information and for the opt-out click here .
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. that collects browsing data in order to anonymously track and examine the use of the site www.schoolofcoaching.it, compile reports and share them with other services developed by Google. The data collected is anonymous and is not used for any other purpose than the strictly statistical one. For more information and for the opt-out click here .